Supporting your education
16-19 Bursary Fund
The Academy’s 16-19 Bursary Fund is designed to help students who face the greatest financial hardship. This financial support is funded by the Government and administered by the Academy. Students can apply for bursary funding at any time throughout the year and more than once if circumstances change.
The bursary should be used to pay for education-related costs such as clothing, books, equipment, visits, daily transport and lunch.
This guarantees a bursary of £1200 per year. You qualify for this bursary if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You are in or have recently left local authority care.
- You get Income Support (or Universal Credit in place of Income Support) in your name.
- You’re disabled and get both Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) (or Universal Credit in place of ESA), and either Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name.
This is a means-tested bursary for students who face financial hardship and who do not qualify for the Guaranteed Bursary. Priority will be given to:
- Students eligible for free school meals
- Students whose families receive child/working tax credit and/or an annual gross household income of less than £16,190.
- Priority will then be given to students with household incomes between £19,190 and £25,000 for any remaining money awarded to the academy by the government.
- Attendance of more than 95% is required to receive the bursary.